Full-time Bi-lingual Program Coordinator for Life Directions
Organization: Life Directions is a community/faith-based non-profit organization begun in 1973. The organization is guided by the vision of “Peers Inspiring Peers through Forgiving”. Life Directions’ Mission is to motivate young adults, ages 13-35, especially the economically poor who are “at risk”, to mature into responsible, productive adults through self-direction. Life Directions’ focus is the reduction of violence by reconnecting young adults with their roots (culture and creed).
Full-Time Position: The Program Coordinator focuses on recruiting, training, and developing families and volunteers to inspire their peers to be role models of peacebuilding in their communities. The target populations are young adults, ages 13-35 with a priority on families. The selected candidate will be managed by the Director of Training or her designee to achieve the organization’s outcomes.
The Program Coordinator will be expected to:
- Contact and recruit for Focus Family and Enfoque La Familia.
- Co-facilitate Enfoque La Familia.
- Assist with the ongoing growth of the Peer Mentor Program
- Assist with the Peer Motivation Groups
- Build rapport with community-based organizations with a view to promoting families and business mentors and/or resource people.
- Organize and promote focus LIFE Retreat Process with ongoing growth through the Alumni and other potential areas of interest.
Desired attitude and experience:
- Have a bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent experience in group work with youth and families.
- Experience in finding and making use of the diverse assets of staff and volunteers.
- Ability to make accountability a positive experience for staff and volunteers.
- Understand and value the fact that the road to maturity for young adults in their teens is a gradual process.
- Desire to motivate a values-centered process for cultural maturity.
- Have been a part of, as well as experience in, leading growth opportunities.
- Experience in community organizing.
- Experience in managing conflicts.
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in social science or an equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience with teens and young adults in a community setting.
- Willing to learn Salesforce
- Willing to learn Social Media such as Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Apply by sending:
E-mail resume to
Director of Training
or mail to
5716 Michigan Avenue,
Detroit, MI 48210.